Why refer to the Wellbeing through Work team?
Experienced NHS Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists from ABM Health Board and Remploy employment advisors can help your patients by assessing their health and any other barriers to work, supporting them to stay in work, or facilitate a safe and sustainable return to work. We can offer the following, using evidence based approaches:
- Help to develop coping skills for managing stress, worry and low mood
- Advice about reasonable adjustments, accessign support wth health issues and managing conflict in the workplace
- Advice, guidance and support for manging muscle and joint problems
Confidential support can be provided to those who live and work in the Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot, or Swansea areas, work for an employer, are self employed or volunteer up to and including 16 hours a week. Further, if you are a health professional you also may want to access the service personally.
Runners up in the 2012 UK wide NHS Plus and NHS Health at Work Network Award for excellence in improving employee health and wellbeing. Winners of 'Into the limelight' Advancing Healthcare Awards 2013 for innovative healthcare practices that make a real difference to patients' lives
Early intervention for your patients
Creating positive links between work and health ensures that physical, psychological or social conditions are not a barrier to accessing the benefits of work. Our aim is to improve the health outcomes of your patients through sustained employment and provide early intervention support to enable them to remain in their job. In this context all participants are assessed at three different time points: pre-intervention, post-intervention and 26 weeks post intervention based on three outcome measures
- The Short Form 36 Version 2 Health Survey (SF36v2) - a psychometric health-related quality of life measure.
- The General Self Efficacy Scale (GSES) - a 10-item psychometric measure, to indicate levels of self efficacy/self belief to cope with life demands.
- The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) - a 14-item questionnaire that includes an anxiety and depression component.
Contact us today on the number below or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
0845 601 7556
Alternatively, your patients can contact us directly using the freephone number.
Wellbeing through Work support materials are available for download by clicking on the documents below.